Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Feet

OK.  I did it.  About a month ago Wayne and I met this doctor who was wearing these funny shoes.  Not this model, but ones that looked crazy like these.  He swore by them, saying they were comfortable and he wore them to work every day.

When I was at Disney Studios last week, I saw a guy walking around with these funny shoes on too.  So after my walk this morning, I went online to do some research.  Most of the reviews were excellent.  I shopped different styles and when looking for what was available in my size, it cut the field down substantially.  It seemed a little tricky as to determining which size to order so I thought maybe I'd check to see if there was a nearby store that carries them.  So I next went to the manufacturers web site and did a search.  Lo, and behold, there is one within walking distance.  I went for an afternoon walk. I'm glad I did.  There were not a lot available in my size, but I did have several styles to select from.
I thought back to when I was a kid and the shoe salesman would ask if you wanted to wear the new shoes or have him put them back in the shoe box.  I  commented that I felt like a little kid and told him I would like to wear them on my walk back to my apartment.

After I left the store I walked a couple blocks over to Starbucks, got an iced coffee and sat outside and talked to my friend Ray on the phone.  He was huddled at home while it was snowing outside.  I hesitated to tell him that I was sitting outside in shorts and short sleeve polo, under a blue cloudless sky with the temperature somewhere around 80 degrees.  I hesitated, but I told him anyway!

No comments: