Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Foggy Morning in St. Pete Town

I am in my fifth week of "retirement" now.  I haven't developed any sort of routine yet, taking the time to let whatever will be, will be.  One thing that has been fairly well consistent, is a morning walk.  Dave meets me at 9 AM and we head off in a different direction depending on the whim of the day.
This morning there was a fog hanging over Tampa Bay and over downtown St. Pete.  As our walk progressed, the fog was lifting.
I still find it hard to believe that this is February and I'm living here.  So much of "winter" is a distant memory.  I forget what time of year it really is.

One of the things I am enjoying, is having time.  It sort of reminds me of when I was a child.  Especially thinking back on summer days when I was growing up.  I got up in the morning. Had breakfast.  Went out to play with my brother and sister, and/or cousins and/or neighborhood friends.  There was no set schedule.  We played until we were called in for lunch.  Then played some more until we were called in for dinner.  A clock wasn't necessary.  It's pretty much like that now.  Only my playtime is not quite the same, and no one prepares my meals and calls me in when they are ready.  (Shout out to Ma!)
Caught this school of fish under the dock on the way back.

I'm glad I live in a place that is perpetual "summer".  It always was my favorite time of year!

No comments: