Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Memories of Dad on His Birthday

I received some news last night that, in an instant, changed my life.  I'm going to be a Grandpa!

Joe and Joy called last night saying that they couldn't wait until Christmas to give me a present.  And then they asked if I would like to be called Grandpa!  I was so happy and excited that I was speechless!  


And what better timing!  Today is my Dad's birthday.  He would have been 91.  And it hit me that our family is now adding a new generation.  Sunrise.  Sunset!
I think this picture with Gina may be one of the last pictures I have of my Dad.
This is an ornament (on the right) we gave to him a while back.  Soon I will be using it for me!
The bubble light Santa is one of the first Christmas decorations my Dad bought after he and Ma were married. I have many wonderful memories and traditions because of him.  I miss you Dad!

No comments: