Saturday, December 11, 2010

From a Distance Lighted Boat Parade and Holiday Party

Tonight was the annual lighted boat parade in downtown St. Pete.  Instead of watching it from the park along the Bay, I got to see it from a distance, from the 4th floor deck of the 400 Beach Drive Condominium.   The trees in Straub Park blocked some of the view, but, hey!  who cared?  :-)


My landlords, Ralph and Darrell put on the party.  They asked each guest to bring an unwrapped toy as a donation to Toys for Tots.  There was good food and drink and mingling.
This is the view looking north towards the Vinoy.  The night was a bit nippy, in the high 50s. I didn't take any inside shots since I didn't feel comfortable taking pictures of the attendees and festivities since I only knew the hosts and one other guest. It was nice that everyone was friendly and cordial.  The wine and spirits helped!
Looking south.
Hmmmm?  No one in the pool?  I wonder why?
Looking down at the sculpture at the entrance to the Chihuly collection on the first floor.
Because of the boat parade, I figured it would be tough to find a parking place, so I walked down, about a 12 minute walk.  I snapped some shots on my walk back.
Who needs snow?
I love looking in to see the lighted trees.
This house is on the northwest corner of my block.  My apartment building is on the northeast corner.
This is John and Mark's place, four doors down from me.

No comments: