Monday, October 04, 2010

October Sunset

 The weather has been absolutely beautiful this past weekend.  Noticeable drop in humidity, cool breezes and cooler nights.  It has been a very busy week with work and other activities.  I participated in a yard sale this past Saturday morning at Crescent Lake Park, about 7 blocks west of my apartment.  It was a fund raiser for the Youth Department in St Pete.  There were activities for children, live music and a bar-b-que bake off.  Around a hundred booths were arranged around the park.  I had a great location underneath a couple shade trees.  There was a nice breeze all morning.  Although I didn't have a lot to sell, I did get rid of most of what I brought and dropped what remained in the Good Will bins that were there at the end, not far from my booth.  I had a little fun with my signage . . . 


When I got back to my apartment, I was exhausted and took a 2 hour nap!  Lou called me around 6 pm to see if I had any dinner plans, which I hadn't, so we met at one of the Vietnamese restaurants on 34th Street.  We ordered an appetizer and 3 entrees and split them.  It was a feast, with leftovers for us both!
 Sunday turned out to be a busy day too.  I went over to Woodlawn in the morning to catch the last couple of innings of Pete's second game of softball.  Then had lunch with Pete and Joe and visited Pete's and Michael's open house on Snell Island.  Both Pete and Michael are real estate agents and were showing this huge house.  Then later Steve joined us all for dinner and drinks on Sunset Beach.  They have done a wonderful job refreshing the beach from all of the recent erosion.  It's much wider than it's ever been since I've been going here.  We stayed to watch this amazing sunset.  As the sun was setting on the horizon, it was glowing from orange to red to yellow, and it looked like there was something in front of it, causing some dark silhouettes, almost looking like a crane or oil rig.  Very bizarre!   
It's exciting that so much is starting up with the coming of fall.  This weekend there was a FolkFest going on on Central (the Indigo Girls played a concert in the street on Friday night), The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, the 8th Annual Teen BBQ Cook-off and Community Yard Sale (where I had my booth), the Saturday Morning Market began again, and the Ironkids National Championship.  Whew!!!

No comments: