Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rib Fest 2009

This past weekend was the annual Rib Fest in Vinoy Park in St. Petersburg. I went last year and loved the food! Wayne and I walked down from my apartment to meet Mike and some of his friends there on Saturday afternoon. There were musical groups playing all weekend, and Blue Oyster Cult was there on Saturday afternoon, and I thought I'd like to catch them there.






We got there around 2:00 pm, before the crowds got so big. Vinoy Park is right on Tampa Bay. Lots of boats were anchored nearby to catch the music.









There was also an auto show there too.




























A choice of vendors: we ended up getting the Desperado Platter, same as I got last year!















































These guys were eyeing my ribs!


























Blue Oyster Cult about to take the stage. By this time it was getting crowded and we were getting old. All the loud music was getting to us! So, as they were singing their first song, we started heading back to my apartment.

3 comments:

Tampa I Am said...

Im guessing Saturday was not as busy as Sunday? We got there Sunday around 330ish, and couldnt believe how packed crowded it was, no room to walk, over 90 mins to get ribs at any of the places, over 30 min to get a beer...not a good scene on Sunday.

ArichNY said...

When we got there it wasn't too crowded at all. We waited maybe 10-15 minutes in line. Not even sure if it was that long. By 4:30 the place was packed.

Kenny said...

What a classic line..."it was getting crowded and we were getting old." LOVE it.