Sunday, November 22, 2009

Booms in the Night

Last night I was sitting in my living room minding my own business, when I heard all of these loud booms! I thought, "Fireworks? Is it July? Did I miss something?"

Then I remembered that on my walk to the Saturday Morning Market after I got out of work this morning, that I saw all of this stuff set up in Straub Park, (near the Vinoy). And I remembered seeing something about this Chillounge Night. I went out to the balcony near my laundry room and was treated to a nice fireworks show! If you click on the St. Petersburg Chillounge on the left at this site linked here, you will see a short video from last year's. This is the second year for it.

I can't believe that this is Thanksgiving week! On Tuesday night we're having our pot luck at the Suncoast Squares. Then on Wednesday at work we're having another Thanksgiving feast. On Thursday Wayne and I are going over to Johnny's for dinner. I think by Friday I won't want to see another piece of turkey meat until next year!

No comments: