Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Happy Birthday Wayner!

Tuesday was Wayne's Birthday. I decided to take the "semi-homemade" route. I got out of work at 2:00 pm and headed right over to Mazzaro's. I know that that place is crowded on Saturdays and I figured that a Tuesday mid-afternoon visit would be a breeze. Wrong!

I knew what I wanted to pick up, and moved quickly from section to section. I bought some bracioli and browned it up and put it in some sauce that I also bought at Mazzaro's. I picked up some homemade manicotti; one ricotta cheese and one spinach and prosciutto. A tuscan green bean salad rounded up the main course.





Instead of a cake that would be awfully big for two people to eat, I decided on some smaller desserts. Unfortunately, I didn't know when to stop.
Dessert tray: Strawberry rhubarb mini pie, cassata, creme broule, traditional cannoli. While I was waiting, a little boy, around 7 or 8 years old, was at the pastry counter. He was a talkative chap. He was wearing an Indiana Jones hat and asking me all sorts of questions. He was visiting from Atlanta with his family. His grandparents live in St. Pete. He asked me what kind of work I do, and he said when he grows up he wants to be either a lawyer or a judge or a paleontologist. I told him he was wearing the right hat for that one!
Anyone have any bicarbonate of soda??? Brioschi??

No comments: