Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A Trip to Venice to (What else?) Eat

Well, first off, I like to eat. I gave Wayne two Italian cookbooks for Christmas. Do you think maybe I had ulterior motives???

He asked me to pick a recipe from one of the books and we (well, he) would make it. I saw this macaroni pie, encrusted in eggplant. It looked good! So, that was dinner Saturday night...and it was GOOD!!!

Mike R invited us down to Venice for dinner. He was making these sausage balls for an open house for some friends' salon and he invited us to go along, after feeding us dinner at his place.

After the sausage balls, we had an antipasto, followed by homemade pasta with ham and mushrooms in an Alfredo sauce. After digesting that we headed over to the open house. We ate mostly the desserts there. I will be starting my diet soon.













Wayne, Gerry and Mike.


On the way home we came across the Sunshine Skyway bridge. We took a minute to drive thru the rest area before the bridge to see if I could get a shot of the span lit at night. It was not a good vantage point so we pulled back onto the roadway. I took this shot as we drove past one section of the span. Just after leaving the span and entering Pinellas county we had to come to a quick stop. No flashing red lights, nothing. The cars were just stopped there. As we merged left, we passed an SUV, sideways in the road. Then just up the road a short way, we saw a motorboat in the road. It had slipped off its trailer. We thought that maybe if we hadn't taken that quick detour, we might have been the sideways car!

No comments: