Thursday, January 22, 2009

YIKES! This is supposed to be FLORIDA!!!

Omigosh! We've been having this "cold snap" with cold nights and mornings in the low 50s and 40s and even dipping into the 30s. There have been frost warnings in various counties in this area. At risk are the strawberries. Big thing here. The days have been heating up into the 50s.

When I got into my car this morning to go to work, the windows were covered with moisture, as they often are in the mornings. When I flipped on my wipers to clear them....YIKES!!! It was frost! The little display on my dashboard was displaying a little snowflake and 38 degrees! I think it was a bit colder than that for the frost to be there. I sat for a few minutes while the car heated up and the defroster cleared the windows. Also flipped on the heat in the hatchback! But, alas...by the weekend we're back up in the 70s as a high!

But, all being relative, I'm glad I didn't find my car like this one!

No comments: