Monday, January 19, 2009

Dr. MLK Weekend

Well, this has been quite a weekend. My TV died just before Christmas, and I had a feeling that it was the picture tube. I bought in in November 2005. Fortunately, I took out the Geek Squad 4 year service contract. Since my old TV was a 26" screen, the repair could be done in my home. I scheduled the visit for a Saturday, and the earliest available was January 17. The Geek arrived promptly at 11:00 am, and after turning the set on, pronounced, "Well, that is quick." He told me that the set couldn't be repaired, but because of the contract I had, I need to bring in the TV and receive a credit for the purchase. YES! I did some online shopping and picked out the screen and a DVD player too (was built into the old one.) When I went to check out, they didn't have the model that I wanted, and that they had rung up, so they substituted a comparable one that was on sale for $100 more than the one I picked out, but they gave me the original price! Yes again! I made sure to get the Black Tie Geek contract again! That's a picture from the Barefoot Contessa's show.

Wayne has been sick all weekend, but was feeling OK enough on Sunday afternoon to attend the opera that we had gotten tickets for a short while ago. The matinee was sold out. And, I think we were the youngest attendees there! It was an excellent production.

Afterwards, with Wayne's help, we carried my old TV to the car and made the exchange. I'm glad to have a TV again!!!



I took these pictures when I was out this afternoon. It was in the low 70s with a little breeze. I headed over to the Bay afterwards and saw lots of buses and heard bands playing.








I walked down to the Straub Park and was able to catch some of the MLK Parade.






I liked these t-shirts. One group had shirts that had head shots of Dr. King and Barack Obama. On top it said, "I have a dream." and underneath it said, "I am the dream."

I always like hearing the drums of the marching bands. I always liked the way they made my heart vibrate!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Rich. I found your blog by way of Sean's. You have a great blog and it's going in my favorites list. I have an aunt and cousins that live in St. Pete.; great city. I haven't been down there since probably 1991 (I'm in Columbia, SC). I like the TV. What size screen did you get? I believe it's a Samsung, right? Have you been please with it so far?