Monday, July 21, 2008

Ybor City, Cook Out and Sunset Beach

How could I forget this one? Since I moved here I've been wanting to stop into this little ice cream store nearby. I finally did last weekend after dropping Wayne off at the train station. Looks like I've found another comfort food watering hole.



On Friday night we met Scott and Keith for dinner at Streetcar Charlie's in Ybor City in Tampa. I hadn't been to Ybor yet, but have heard a lot of good things about it. Dinner was great. Definitely will go back for more.



We then headed over to the Tampa Museum of Art, currently housed in what looked like an old school building. A new, flashy home is being built in downtown Tampa. It was "Art After Dark" night and we were going to see Linda's and Debbie's work that was in the show. It was fun, lots of people there, Starbucks coffee, gelato, and beer sampling.


I forgot my camera so all of these shots were taken from the web.




















Saturday was a laid back day. We went to see Wall*e at the movies. This AMC theatre has $4 matinees on the weekends! The popcorn and the soda cost us $16 though. Then we went swimming for a little in the pool and then had some outdoor grilled chicken and vegetables.
On Sunday we met Billy and Gary at the beach. Getting hot out there, but we did spend a lot of time in the water; was a bit more refreshing than out on the beach.

No comments: