Thursday, July 31, 2008

Universal With Mia and Gina

Mia and Gina took me to Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure as my birthday gift from them! What a fun day we had! The above pic was taken as I was driving across the Howard Franklin Bridge heading into Tampa on my way to Orlando. I love the drive across the Bay.



Universal was first.



First stop was the Simpson's Ride. It replaced the Back to the Future Ride. It's a simulated roller coaster gone wild . . . fun stuff, great animation and action. It was the longest wait we had all day.









We did Mel's Diner for lunch. Bacon cheeseburgers and fries. Actually was pretty good, and we were in within minutes! The guy who waited on us at the register looked and talked like Mel Brooks!

















The Hulk roller coaster at the Islands of Adventure.




The Lucy exhibit/store.






This is a model of the set of the I Love Lucy Show.


The Dueling Dragons roller coasters at the Islands of Adventure. We chose "Ice" (the blue dragon). These type of roller coasters are fun, but I don't think they're as thrilling as the old wooden ones with the death defying drops!






A "roller coaster" for the faint of heart. :-)




This area is being torn down and will be the new Harry Potter attraction which will open in 2009 or 2010, I can't remember what the sign said.





Dinner at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great trip. I love coasters as well but you're right, the old wooden ones are much better. I ate at the Margaritaville in Glendale, AZ back in May...very good cuban sandwich. The decor was fantastic.