Saturday, June 08, 2013

North Saga Part III

I spent three days with my immediate family after arriving in Albany.  I stayed with Linda and Louie.  On Saturday night  Louie cooked hamburgers and hot dogs outside on the grill  and I had my first corn on the cob for this year!

On Sunday morning we stopped over Ray's and Iz's to see The Twinkies, my great niece and nephew, Gabriella and Lucas.  They are so cute!  Lucas was performing and Gabby was a little more reserved, checking me out.  Iz had mentioned making them grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and that put the bug in our ears!  So when Linda and I left, we swung by Grandma's Pie Shop to get grilled cheese sandwiches for ourselves; I got one with tomato and bacon, Linda got the tuna melt.

Later Sunday afternoon we went back to Ray's and Iz's for dinner.  And Gabriella was getting brave with me and even sat on my lap to look at family photos with her!   Andrea and Taras returned before dinner from their weekend getaway.  The twins were happy to see them!

On Monday morning Linda, Isabelle and I drove out to Manlius near Syracuse to visit with my nephew Michael and his wife Katie and to meet (well, Linda and I to meet here,  Nonna Isabelle already met her!) their new baby Annabelle Louise.  Of course, we had to stop at the nearby Wegman's to load up on snacks and goodies!

It was my first time visiting their 'farm'.  They've done so much work on the house and yards.  They have a meadow with buttercups as their back yard.  And beautiful Annabelle is the newest cutie to join our family!

We had a very nice time visiting.  I wish our families weren't so scattered.  Growing up, we had lots of family, grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins on both sides, living close by.  Now it seems that we are all over the place!

No comments: