Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Adele Belated Celebration

I was in New York City when Adele celebrated her birthday, so we planned a belated celebration together after things settled down.  I headed over to Orlando on Monday to begin the festivities.  I met Adele at her apartment and we headed over to the Ming Court.  The food was excellent and the decor was amazing!
After lunch we headed over to Ikea to get a shelf for Adele's room.  She had done her window shopping online, so it was a matter of tracking it down and putting in on our cart.  What is it about Ikea that makes you want to buy so much?  We headed back to the apartment and assembled it.  It fits perfectly!  We took a walk over to the complex swimming pool and outdoor community area.  I was sold when I saw the hammocks!!!
Then we headed over to Hollywood Studios where Adele had a short shift.  It was fun to hang out and meet some of Adele's friends.  While they headed over to report for the first show, I headed over to the Tower of Terror to pick up a fastpass.  I headed next door to the Rockin' Roller Coaster, but the ride was closed due to some problem so I did a little walking around and shopping.  
I originally was going to attend the 10:30 show of Fantasmic but since the RR roller coaster was shut, I went to the 9:00 show too.  

Other than the warmup show being agonizingly grating (one of the emcees sounded very much like Ruby Rhod from The Fifth Element, that was the high point for me), The show was entertaining as usual.  I think this time my favorite characters were the dancing monkeys on the boats and the Indian canoes and for some reason, Grumpy.  Loved it!  

Between the shows, I checked back at the Rockin' Roller coaster and it was back up and running.  On the down side, the wait was 75 minutes!  So, I decided to do some more walking around. Later I met up with Adele's friend Matt for the 10:30 show.  We had seats right in the center.  Such a great vantage point for photos, but my cell batter was way too low to take any.  :-(

Since it was a late night, we decided that I would sleep on an inflatable mattress on the floor in Adele's apartment.  I'm glad I did!  On Tuesday morning we headed over to My French Cafe, which we discovered, was within walking distance!  And since we had a sweet crepe for our "brunch" we were very reserved and saved any pastries for future visits!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a fun time!!! I love these pictures! Thank you again for such a great "mini staycation" :) Love u!!!