Thursday, January 10, 2013

“Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.”

The title of this post is a quote by Steven Wright.  Now that the holidays are behind us, I have been getting back to my daily walking.  I find that walking is very relaxing for me, even though I walk at a brisk pace.  Although I've lived here over five years, I find I still have to remind myself that I actually live here and that it is the middle of winter.  And, I've been trying to control my shutter finger, but am still finding it hard to do.

I found this quote by Ellen DeGeneres, and I thought it was apropos:  "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty.  She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the heck she is."  I guess that will be me someday.
These first three collages were taken at various spots from Coffee Pot Bayou on the north to Demens Landing on the south.

These last three collages were taken on my last walk, starting with my midway break for refreshment, down to the Dali Museum and Albert Whitted Airport.

"But the beauty is in the walking -- we are betrayed by destinations."  - Gwyn Thomas



No comments: