Monday, January 16, 2012

Tradition - Maybe a New One?

I put my tree up in early December.  My tradition is to have "It's A Wonderful Life" playing as I decorate it.  I've decided that I need a tradition movie for when I take the tree down.  I was thinking of something having to do with the beginning of the year, or new beginnings, or something like that.  The movie that came to mind is one that I don't own - "You Can't Take it With You".  I like watching it whenever I can when it's on TCM.  Like Wonderful Life, it was also directed by Frank Capra and it won Best Picture and Best Director in 1938 (8 years before Wonderful Life).  But, because I didn't have it, I watched second best:  Big Business!

And I'm not sure what was going on this year.  Either my tree was the freshest of any I've ever had, and didn't shed a single needle, or all the needles dropped and disintegrated.  Anyhow, my tree is down and so are all the holiday decorations.  2012:  bring it!

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I hope 2012 is a good year for you.

ArichNY said...

Thank you! And for you too!

jp said...

Big Business is always a good tradition! What holiday goes with My Blue Heaven?

ArichNY said...

Columbus Day!