Sunday, November 28, 2010

Countdown to Christmas 2010

Well, we've had the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, and Santa appeared at the end, so I guess it's official.  And all the crazies went out in the middle of the night on Friday.  [No offense intended if you fit into that group.]
This picture of from my first Christmas here in Florida.  I took that on Sunset Beach in the afternoon on Christmas Eve in 2007.  I haven't taken an updated photo with the hat, so this one will have to do.
I decided to head down to the Saturday Morning Market this morning.  On the way walking to the market, I saw these girls heading there too.  I still think it strange to see boots in Florida!
This group was playing at the Market. Their sound reminded me of Drumline! Loved it!


The parks along the Bay in downtown St Pete are all decked out for the season.
Heading back along the Bay.  
As I was passing BayWalk, I decided to check out the movie schedule.  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was set to begin in 10 minutes, so I bought myself a 'senior' ticket.
It seems like ages ago that I finished the Harry Potter series and I was wondering if I remembered any of it!  I'm glad they are doing the last book in two parts.  I loved it!  
The bad guys . . . 
I hated to see the movie end!  Well, at least end in the middle . . . 
And tonight I decided to head out to do some Christmas shopping.  I figured the Saturday crowds would be down, and they were.  First to Tyrone Square mall and then over to Beall's.  Got a lot accomplished!  And in jeans and a polo shirt.
I LOVE Christmas in Florida!

No comments: