Saturday, July 31, 2010

Last Day of July Outing with O&A

The last evening of July 2010 turned out to be a beautiful one!  Although it was hot, there was a little bit of a breeze, just enough to prevent you from passing out.  I'm kidding of course, about passing out, not about the breeze.  :-)  I attended the latest Outings & Adventures event, an evening with American Stage.


I walked the block over to Joe's and Pete's and from there we walked down to the Vinoy.  We went a little early to relax with a cool drink.  I had a mango sangria, enough to cool me off, but not get too loopy!
The evening started with time to mingle and to enjoy a salad or a plate of various hors d'oeuvres.  From there we walked to the American Stage Theater to see their production of The Seafarer.  It was my first time in the new theater.  I enjoyed the play; the acting was excellent, but I was expecting to get more emotionally involved, which just didn't happen.
Next up . . . this coming Wednesday, another event with O&A, Cyndi Lauper concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall!

No comments: