Saturday, May 12, 2007

Albany Tulip Festival


It was a gorgeous day for the Tulip Festival this year . . . I've never seen Washington Park so crowded! At one point, I heard Mayor Jennings say from the main stage that this was a record breaking crowd. I was impressed by the number of food vendors and the choices available. I was also impressed by the number of arts and crafts vendors and the quality of the merchandise offered.

I walked from my apartment and met Sean and Jeffrey and Gavin in the ampitheater at the Lake House. We were soon joined by a bunch of other friends and new friends. It was relaxing, just sitting there, but the sun was getting hotter and I knew the top of my head would not be happy later! So off we went to check out the food vendors and work the crowd.



One of the things that amazed me was the difference in the trees from my last post from last Sunday. This time of year, it always happens....buds on the trees and then *POOF* covered in leaves!








.



Here's Sean. I think he's confused me with Helmut, the photographer from GQ.






Here's Gavin. He looks right at home in that sun!













Sean and Jeffrey, shades in the shade. And yours truly . . . adding some more redness to my head.








The main headliner on the main stage was Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. We made sure we hung around for "I Love Rock n Roll". Buddahead and They Might be Giants were the other bands that I was familiar with.

The crowd kept growing . . .













I figured I'd give some of the tulips out of Washington Park some exposure too! I snapped these on my walk home.


1 comment:

Pete said...

It was nice getting to see you again. The fest was a lot of fun.