Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sun, Christmas Shopping and Italy...

What a beautiful autumn day Wednesday was! Sunny, around 70 degrees... I sure could take this weather for another couple of months! It was nice getting outside .... and what a perfect day to begin Christmas shopping! As my oldest daughter Adele always says, "It's never too early."

In fact, in my recent letter from Adele, (she is currently serving a mission in the Midwest for her church) she mentioned the new release of The Little Mermaid in a limited edition DVD...so...I got that to put away for her for when she gets home just before Christmas 2007! And I bought some Christmas ornaments for all of the children ... that is a family tradition that goes back to when we first became a family. Plus, this weekend Hallmark is having their annual Christmas Open House, and I'm afraid that the ornaments that I want may get all taken if I wait. Sound like the voice of experience?

I can't believe that the calendar kiosks are in the malls already! I bought another vintage Hawaiian art calendar for the kitchen. Got me in the mood for travel too! I went to the new Borders store at Crossgates and browsed the travel section. I picked up the DK Eyewitness Travel guide of Italy. As an extra bonus...it was 30% off! And to complete my purchase, I bought a big wall map of Italy. Sounds like I may be planning something? It's never too early!

No comments: