Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Journey North - Leg 2: The Twinkies

The drive from Wellesley to Albany was fairly uneventful.  Coming thru the Berkshires, I witnessed a beautiful sunset as I was driving between the mountains.  I even thought of fiddling with my cell phone to capture the scene, but figured I'd better not risk injury to myself or others


On Sunday, Ray and Iz had a cookout in their backyard.  What fun!  The last time I saw the Twinkies was last October when they were a week old!  Gabriella and Lucas have grown so much since then!  It's fun to see their different personalities.  Lucas was out there, walking, entertaining us all.  Gabby is more reserved and cautious.  Lucas came right to me when I went to pick him up.  Not so with Gabby. I spent some time trying to maneuver myself near and between them for the photo op.




On Tuesday night, Louie and Linda had us all over for dinner.  I loved it!  It was like Christmas Eve dinner, only without the fish.  That dinner is one of the things I miss most about Christmas.

I also visited some of my aunts and uncles while I was in town.  They all are looking pretty good for upper 80s and 90!  I love seeing family and reliving some of our fun memories!

Next:  Leg 3:  New York City and my week with Ruby

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

what lovely photos

Harpers Keeper said...

What cuties!

ArichNY said...

Thanks! My grand niece and nephew.

Unknown said...

Yaaaaaaaaay, Twinkies!!!! I can't wait to meet them!!