Sunday, February 08, 2009

Gasparilla Weekend 2

ARGH!!! The weather has finally broken out of this cold snap! It was a booty-ful weekend for pirates. The annual Gasparilla Invasion took place this past Saturday. Unfortunately, I had to work in the morning, and the thought of traffic, parking and rowdy crowds convinced us to stay away. Maybe next year . . .

These pictures were not taken by me. I got them from the TBO (Tampa Bay Online) site.






They do PIRATE real big down here!
















Sunday afternoon was beautiful and it seemed like the return of the warm weather (mid 70s) had everyone out and about in St. Pete.

And, what's a post without some food pictures? This is Pepperoni Pasta (from one of the Italian cookbooks I gave Wayne for Christmas).



This is my own recipe: French toast (made from the French loaf from the pasta dinner) with fresh strawberries and vanilla yogurt).


I think this pelican thought I was going to steal his fish.


This is the dog playground. LOTS of doggies out there today. This doggie is the "gate keeper" since he was sitting by the entrance/exit pen.

No comments: