Sunday, April 06, 2008

Birthday Celebration and the Grand Prix

First of all . . . here's how the Easter eggs ended up! YUM!

Monday is Wayne's Birthday, so we celebrated it this weekend. I made dinner and a cake for him! The cake recipe dates back to my freshman year in college when one of my friend's aunt used to make this cake for him. We got the recipe and have made it quite a few times over the years. (I realized we've had the recipe for just over 40 years now!!!)




We took a walk down to the race on Saturday afternoon. I took these pictures thru a "window" in the fence surrounding the track. Funny incident . . . on the way down, we were on Beach Drive, and this blond girl in a sports car stops at the corner and asks, "Which way to the race?" Keep in mind that you can hear the roar of the engines for at least a couple miles and we were about 3 blocks away, so you can imagine how loud it was there. We just pointed towards the ROAR . . .
It was interesting watching the finish of the race on Sunday and hearing the roar of the engines outside at the same time.








We walked back through some different streets and I thought I'd post some shots of some houses I found interesting. This picture on the left is of one of the alleyways. Many of the blocks have these alleyways (there's one behind my apartment building). It's a cool design with garages and garbage bins located off the streets.






























































3 comments:

Gavin said...

• Happy Birthday, Wayne!
• I could live on deviled eggs.
• "Excuse me, are those Bugle Boy jeans you're wearing?"
• I love your neighborhood.

Breenlantern said...

Please gibe our warmest regards and birthday wishes to Wayne. Hug, kiss, grope and spank him on our behalf as you see fit.

When we visit, you can feed us deviled eggs all you want.

I would have been running far in the other direction from racing car sounds. I barely survived the auto sow this weekend at the Times Union Center, and those cars weren't even moving - bleah!

Unknown said...

Don't let Dr. Ray see that plate of deviled eggs. He'll be down there in no time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WAYNE...you sexy thing, you (sorry, Rich).

I kept expecting to see pix of plantations along with the ones of those homes. Mint julep, anyone?