Thursday, June 30, 2011

Feast or Famine

Seems like lately I've been eating out more than usual.  Last night I met Geoff at the Old Northeast Tavern.  It was my first time eating there.  I pass it every now and then, on my walks.  Kind of a neighborhood hang out, with some good food!  I had a turkey, strawberry, greens and brie toasted wrap with apple spice cole slaw on the side.  YUM!!!






Today both Wayne and I received a voicemail from Rod, asking if we'd like to join him and Terry for dinner at Cassis.  We ran into them at Pride this past weekend and wanted to make a date to get together soon.  We met R&T at Suncoast Squares a couple years ago when we were all beginners at the square dance club.  So after work, Wayne came down from Clearwater and we headed over to their house in Kenwood.  From there we headed downtown, for drinks and dinner.  I had a glass of white sangria for starters.  Dinner:  cucumber mint gazpacho with crab salad, and a blackened grouper sandwich with mango salsa. <drool>

It was fun hanging out.  Too bad it's a school night!  The staff were busy stringing these flags in preparation for the Fourth of July celebrations.  Now to bed to prepare for a long, crazy day at work, and hopefully a fun filled weekend!

No comments: