Sunday, April 01, 2007

I'm alive and well and NOT living in Paris

My, time flies when one is having so much fun! I've been at my new full time job for two weeks now. Things are going really well. I'm used to getting up early every weekday morning now. (I lie like a dog.) I feel like I'm getting into the swing of things there.

This past couple of weekends have been busy ones...and with each day Spring seems to be more and more with us.

I decided to jump start my return to the gym by switching gyms. Seems that Gold's is not honoring their "guaranteed" renewal rate, that I have in my contract, so I joined Best Fitness, which is closer to my apartment. So far, I've gone seven out of the last nine days. People on the street are pausing and whispering, "There's Hercules!" I never knew the treadmill could get you all buff like that!

Friday night I went to dinner and a movie with my ex-manager and the member service rep from the credit union branch that I left two weeks ago. We managed to get seated and fed and on our way within a half hour at Houlihans! Go figure! And on a Friday night! The gods were with us. We made it in time to see the previews.

It was nice to see some of the managers and staff that I worked with when I was one of the assistant managers at the theater just over a year ago. Got me a free movie pass! And I just couldn't wipe the grin from my face knowing that I didn't have to work the weekend! And one of the ushers came running up to me when we entered the theatre to say hello. The theater was just about full, so I asked him if he could find us 3 seats together....he promptly asked several patrons to slide over so that we could sit. It's so nice to feel connected! LOL!


So, the movie . . . 300. Anyone see it? Very stylized, but little substance, I thought. I mean, how many times was Leonidas going to bellow out, "Sparrrrrrtans!" But some of the body hacking became funny after a while. And I mean, c'mon! All these warriors just watching that guy ride up on the horse with his sword, and no one threw their spear? Or at least yell, "Duck Astinos!!!" Hellllloooooo!!! Didn't see that decapitation coming, eh?

And last night our credit union had their annual dinner meeting at the Hall of Springs in Saratoga. Very nice. The credit union is celebrating it's 70th anniversary so each table had a model of an auto or truck from 1937, which one lucky person at each table got to take home. I didn't get the model, but I did get the floral centerpiece. Lucky me!


So, spring has sprung, work goes well, I've run a little over 25 miles and I managed to mail out my Easter goody packages last week. Now all I have to do is wait for the Easter Bunny.



3 comments:

Gavin said...

Wow, you have been busy. No wonder I haven't seen ya around!

I'm sure the kids will love their Easter surprises. I bought my mom a little stuffed rabbit to surprise her on Sunday morning. If I tell her the Easter bunny left it, she'll probably believe me!

Red Seven said...

Good luck with the gym, you Herculean hunk of man, you.

I'm on the Netflix exercise program -- which means that I rent television series from Netflix that I'm not allowed to watch unless I'm perched atop my trusted elliptical machine, panting and sweating.

I just finished Season 1 of Big Love (faboo) and am now experiencing a blast from the past with I, Claudius. Livia was such a bitch; I just love her.

Pete said...

I hope you like the gym. I've been to that one and the men are yummy. Nice centerpiece.