Sunday, April 15, 2007

What is Wrong With This Picture?



ANSWER: It was taken TODAY!

And we're being told to brace ourselves for a Nor'easter. Oh, joy! Oh, rapture! And yesterday was a nice sunny, pleasant day!

I finally took a good portion of yesterday to clean my apartment. Not that it was dirty, I mean how dirty can it get in a couple months? Only kidding. But I dusted and vacuumed. I guess many experts say to dust first (brush the crap to the floor) and then vacuum. My grandmother's words echoed in my brain, however. She was a firm believer in "Dust last because vacuuming raises dust." This was from a woman who every week had every piece of furniture moved out of place to dust and vacuum behind it. I remember seeing her end table lamps moved to the dining room table while she tackled the living room. I didn't do that good a job, but I think I'm good now until October.


Just as I was finishing up and about to take a shower, my friend Y-OH-Y called me to see if I had plans for the evening. I had mentioned to him a short while ago that Lisa Lampanelli would be coming to the Palace and tonight was the night! So we decided to take a trip to the box office to see about tickets and seating. Online told us that 2 seats together would be way at the top of the balcony, or near the back of the orchestra seating. We ended up getting 2 single seats, one behind the other, orchestra right, rows GG and A. Nice seats! Close, but far enough back so as not to be in her target range!

She came out with both barrels smokin'! Pow! Pow! Pow! She spared no one within her sights and some not within her sights....(those in the balcony). I won't attempt to review the show; I'll leave that to Y-OH-Y's expertise. She's not known as the Queen of Mean for nothing! I don't think I laughed much and so loud at a live show! It was nice to relax after my fourth week back to full time work. I guess I'll save that for another post.

Well, I'm going to go dig out my boots again.

1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

answer: you and your friends should be in that vehicle cruising around painting the town red. LOL.