Wednesday, December 12, 2012

First Gift of Christmas 2012

I received a package the other day.  My first thought was 'what was in here that I had ordered?'  To my delight, it was a Christmas gift from Ruby!  And, Joe and Joy too!

It's so cute.  Ruby is the bookworm.  She loves books.  And I can't help not thinking about Joe when he was Joey and was soooooo into Star Wars!


I have been enjoying my ushering gigs at both the Palladium and the Mahaffey for the past several months.  And now I'm enjoying the Christmas parties they throw for us volunteers.  Last Friday night the Mahaffey extended an invite to the ushers to join with the paid staff for a dinner at the Vinoy Golf Club ballroom on Snell Island.  A wonderful dinner, cocktails, entertainment and door prizes for everyone!  [The ballroom picture below was the only one I could find online]


Tonight The Palladium had our party in the Side Door Cafe venue on the first floor.  It was a catered affair with a turkey dinner buffet and a spiral cut ham (with that hard brown sugar glaze that I LOVE!), wine, beer, punch and soda and two tables of desserts.  I wanted to camp out at the dessert tables and make love to the pastry cart.  :-)

And next Wednesday night the Mahaffey will be having our ushers party at the theater atrium.  I'd better add another notch to my belt.  

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

what lovely christmas things! I liked the cake the most.