Wednesday, December 05, 2012

A Walk in Early December

The weather has been absolutely beautiful!  Sunny, mid 70s during the day and mid 60s at night.  Between ordering stuff online and picking up packages at the door (OK, I tend to overdo it!), I have been trying to not neglect my walks.  Especially since I've been having a little feast each night, a dish of Publix' Santa's White Christmas ice cream (Barney's Santa's White Christmas coffee flavor mixed with choco-espresso chips).  Oink!  Oink!



I took a walk yesterday over to 4th Ave North to check out a few of the stores for gifts.  And today I walked up to the Northeast Plaza, about a mile and a half north of me, to pick up a few things there.  It's the plaza where I do my grocery shopping. I decided to stop into Menchie's to have some frozen yogurt.  I picked mostly holiday flavors:  peppermint on the bottom (to cleanse the pallet), eggnog, cinnamon bun, then topped with chocolate devil's food and some coconut and sprinkles.  And the waffle was free today!


I then walked down to 30th Ave N, over to Coffee Pot Bayou, down to Tampa Bay and down to the Gizella Kopsick Palm Arboetum, then back to my apartment.  5.67 miles.

I spotted this on my walk.  I think maybe Captain Francesco Shettino is vacationing in St. Pete.



No comments: