Friday, August 03, 2012

TNFLAOF* There's No Fool Like An Old Fool


I remember my grandfather (Pop Pop) saying, "There's no fool like an old fool."  And I have been finding that saying to be appropriate more and more as I grow older.  (Or as I prefer to say, grow up.)  My latest example occurred on one of my morning walks earlier this week.

So, I've been downloading tunes to my new cell phone.  I've started listening to a shuffle mix on my walks again.  After walking around for a while, I ended up at the local Panera.  As I approached the order counter, I paused the music player, shut the phone and placed it in my pocket.  I removed the ear buds from my ears and placed them in my other pocket.  I ordered, sat down, enjoyed my breakfast power sandwich and coffee.  On my way out, I added a little more coffee to my cup and headed over to Crescent Lake Park, one block away.

I sat on a park bench for a short while, then decided to listen to some more tunes.  I resumed the music player.  I could see the song playing, but could hear no audio.  I tried several things: stopping, pausing, skipping to the next song. All to no avail.  Then I heard a chiming.  It was a text message from Adele.  We texted back and forth for a while, no problem hearing the chime.  Being a computer, I figured maybe I needed to re-boot the phone and maybe the problem would take care of itself.  I shut it down.  Waited a couple of seconds, then fired it back up again.  As it was cycling on, I noticed something.  Although the ear plug wire was plugged into the phone, the ear buds were still in my pocket.  DUH!

TNFLAOF!!!

3 comments:

jp said...

That. Is. AWESOME.

JustAMike said...

That's funny. :D

Unknown said...

This is SO something I would do...I don't think it has anything to do with getting older...or maybe it does! Haha! Love you. :)