Wednesday, December 17, 2008

When Recycling is Bad - Frugality Faux Pas

Is my face red! I don't really write a lot of checks. Many of my monthly bills are paid by automatic electronic transfers from my account. This includes my rent, power bill, cell phone, cable/road runner, auto insurance, car payment, renter insurance, educational loan, and life insurance. I only write about 2 or 3 checks a month. At work we have members ask for check registers when they fill one up. It seems we are always running out of them.

Last week I was cleaning out one of my desk drawers and found some extra check registers. I figured, I might as well put them to use, so I brought them into work.

On Monday, an older couple asked me for a check register. Happy to oblige, I reached in my station drawer and handed them a register, with a smile.

On Tuesday, the woman came up to me, smiling. She said, "Remember me?" And I did. She said that they went to use the register and found that there was no place to enter checks because it was all ready full with entries!!! I apologized profusely!!! Was my face red!!! I had given them one of my old registers from 2 years ago!

Fortunately, she is one of the friendly members and we both had a good laugh!

2 comments:

louietoon said...

Did you check the registers first?

ArichNY said...

Of course not! My mind is too far gone!