Monday, November 17, 2008

Rib Fest 2008

Wayne was working at the Bucs game on Sunday, so I had the day solo. I decided to spend it leisurely. I brought my book with me to the downtown Starbucks. There were a lot of people and traffic downtown because of the Rib Fest going on in Vinoy Park. I then went to the Barnes & Noble store at the downtown USF campus to browse for some Christmas gift ideas.
Leaving empty handed, I headed back to my apartment. It was a beautiful sunny day, although it was 'cold' by Florida standards, maybe in the high 50s. B-r-r-r-r-r-r!!!


Upon entering the park, there was a motorcycle display. Lots of leather and chains in that area . . . right next to the kids' playground.
The park was filled with people! Live entertainment on the stage. Not quite my favorite style of music, but both bands I heard were good.









This was quite the setup! You could wander around and decide which vendor you would like to patronize. I decided to try Desperado's, since they were last years champs, according to their sign. I went for the Desperado Platter. And it was GOOD!!! Enough left for a couple more meals!





















I sat over near the Bay. These birds were eyeing my ribs...














I had to shower before bed because my clothes smelled so much of smoke!
I caught this sign on a front lawn on my way back home.

No comments: